Udenafil (brand name Zydena) is among the latest developments of Korean scientists. The preparation belongs to the class of PDE5 inhibitors and is successfully applied in the therapy of erectile dysfunction. However, a limited number of countries have approved Udenafil usage. The American Food and Drug Administration hasn’t done it yet, hence, it is not available in regular drugstores.
The drug starts working in about 40 – 60 minutes after the intake. Though the onset of its action takes quite a time, it is fully compensated with the duration of the effect. Usually, Udenafil works for 11-13 hours and in some patients, this period may be extended to 24 hours.
Udenafil may be used both on occasion and as an everyday pill. The drug may be taken regardless of meals with a full glass of water.
What is Tadalafil?
Tadalafil, which is manufactured under the brand name Cialis, is an FDA approved remedy for the treatment of erection problems and benign prostatic hyperplasia. The preparation comes into effect within 30 minutes after the intake and may work for a minimum of 17 hours. The longest possible duration of action of Cialis is 36 hours, yet it depends on the individual peculiarities of every patient.
Tadalafil is often called “the weekend pill” as it may be taken once in three days and still show impressive results within the whole period. However, it may also be used when needed. In such cases, the dose should be higher compared to the daily intake. For example, patients using the drug daily take 2.5mg or 5mg of Tadalafil, whereas intake on occasion demands 10mg or even 20mg of the remedy. Consult with your doctor to change the dosing regimen. Doing it on your own may elevate the probability of side effects.
Tadalafil and Udenafil
When compare Udenafil vs Cialis, one may notice that both drugs have a lot in common. For example:
- Their mechanism of action is identical. Getting into the male organism, Tadalafil and Udenafil enhance the blood supply of the penile area. It happens due to stimulation of the process of relaxing the pelvic blood vessels and the flat muscles of the cavernous bodies of the male sex organ. As a result, a man can get and sustain an erection, which is strong enough for performing a sexual intercourse.
- Both drugs belong to PDE 5 inhibitors.
- They may be taken daily.
- Tadalafil and Udenafil effects last much longer compared to the other ED medications.
- These preparations have common contraindications and side effects.
Nevertheless, there are some dissimilarities:
- Tadalafil compared to Udenafil lasts longer. The longest period of action of Udenafil is 24 hours, whereas Tadalafil may work for 36 hours.
- Tadalafil starts working a bit faster than Udenafil.
- Unlike Tadalafil, Udenafil doesn’t inhibit PDE 11, which means that Udenafil is safer to use as it may induce fewer negative effects on the body.
- Udenafil is not approved by the FDA.
Every case and every patient are unique. That’s why everyone should look for the best drug to satisfy his needs. However, the intake of any medication should be discussed with a medical specialist.